1.23.2010

Volver

Look at me, here...sit with me a minute. Listen.
Its not like I didn't try, I don't know how you could not
I missed the point, the instruction
Maybe it wasn't there, maybe I was too busy
Maybe I'm preoccupied, maybe I'm depressed.

He died almost five years ago now. Its been too long since
I've seen his face. Memories make it worse
Maybe I remember him how I want, not how he was.
He's been dead for five, gone for six.
He moved. I didn't want him to, I begged.

I can't even go to his grave. It's across the country.
He loved me like no one else I know
I loved him - I haven't felt the same since
That phone call. "Shit he's hit...baby forgive me,
I love you, but I'm not gunna make it back to where i want"

Give him back to me. What the hell happened. Stop playing
You're real? What. Ambulance. Police. Coroners. Hospital.
Cause of death. Time, Date. Birth. Name. Phone calls.

Funeral. I didn't attend. I think a part of me left me to find him
I don't even know where it is. Its name.
I can't even recall the fight. The one fight. I remember the
Feeling. My heart was breaking - it knew what would
Happen the rest of the night. I don't think I cried so much
In my life.

Give him back to me. Take me instead of him. Fait Accompli.
It's been done. Too late. You should have apologized. It wouldn't
Matter. I don't even know if he still heard me during
That last phone call. "What are you talking about? I love you
Too...No, come back to me. Love you, don't be like that.
Make it back for me. Can you do that, please? I'm sorry...Oh my god,
Put him back on...Put him back on!!

...What do you mean 'he's gone'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment